In this article, I’m going to show you how to organize your images into folders in Canva. You might have a multitude of photos, clip art and social media memes in your Canva account now and you might be finding it hard to find things because they’re all jumbled up.
Canva has featured heavily in a lot of my most recent videos and that’s because it’s such a great tool and has so many amazing features. The ability to create individual folders for your creations is one of the features that you get with a Pro account. If you haven’t got a Pro account yet, you can get a free 30-day trial with this link.
Creating A New Folder To Organize Your Images
To get started, go to your homepage and click on one of your designs. You’ll find that as you organize your images, you’ll also be able to delete any images that you don’t need anymore.
- On the left-hand side of your page, click on “uploads”.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the “folders” icon.
- Click on “create new”.
- In the box that pops up, give your folder a name, decide whether you want to share it with anyone and then, click “create folder”.
- Once you’ve created the folder, it will say that your folder is empty, so now you need to add some items to your folder.
Adding Images To Your Folder
To do this, go back to your uploads.
- If you hover over an image, you’ll see three little dots in the top right corner.
- Click on these and then select “move to folder”. Once you have a few folders, you’ll find that they’re displayed in alphabetical order so that they’re easy to find.
- Select the folder that you want to move the image to and click “move here”.
Now when you scroll down on the left-hand menu, you’ll see that your folder will show up as an icon just above the “folders” icon. This spot will always show you the most recent folder that you’ve accessed, so you can just click on it to see all the items in that folder.
Alternatively, you can click on folders and type the name of the folder that you want to access into the search bar at the top and your folder will show up at the top.
Creating Folders Makes It Easy To Stay Organized
Organizing all your different creations into folders in this way makes it really easy for you to find things when you need them. This will become especially useful when you have lots and lots of creations or you’re working on different projects.
Remember, if you don’t have a Pro account yet, you can get a free 30-day trial with this link. To be honest with you, I put off getting a Pro account for a really long time because the free account is already pretty amazing. However, with the Pro account, you get so many extra features that I’m sure you’re going to find extremely useful.
I’ve created quite a few videos about all these great features and I’m going to keep creating them so that you can get the most out of this fabulous tool. So, give it a try for 30 days and if you don’t think you’re going to use the extra features, you can go back to the free account after the trial is over. So, you’ve got nothing to lose.
I hope you found this information helpful. As always, feel free to share your experiences with us in the comments below.